If you’re thinking of whitening your teeth, you’re undoubtedly wondering how long it will take. There is no simple answer. The amount of time depends on the condition of your teeth prior to the whitening process, the type of treatment you choose, and what caused your teeth to become stained in the first place. Some methods can be completed in as little as 60 minutes, while others can take weeks. Let’s go deeper!
Common Methods of Teeth Whitening
1. Teeth whitening is done professionally. This is the quickest and most effective method for whitening your teeth. This easy process can take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, and patients walk away with teeth that are 2-3 shades lighter than when they arrived.
2. Whitening strips are the most popular approach, and people like them. However, these are not always the ideal option for people with sensitive teeth. If you pick this strategy, you must be really devoted because they must be worn for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
3. Whitening rinses are typically the procedure that takes the longest to produce results. Every day, try using the rinse for a few minutes.
4. UV lamps combined with gel are really popular right now. The gel is often peroxide-based and is intended to be used in conjunction with a blue UV light. According to reports, UV light activates the peroxide and speeds up the whitening process. If you use it on a daily basis, you should see benefits in 10-14 days.
5. While brushing your teeth, whitening toothpaste contains enzymes that remove stains. If you do this twice a day, you should expect to see effects in two to six weeks.
Begin Whitening Your Teeth Today
Consider going to a professional whitening service if you want to whiten your teeth. It’s both safe and effective, and Advanced Dental Specialists are now accepting new patients! Make an appointment for a consultation online today. We will assist you in determining the best option for you and your individual smile.